Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Christmas

Well, today is Christmas and I'm (unfortunately) working it all day.  So far, the day has gone like this:

I wake up at 4:30 AM to get ready for work.

I try (and fail) to wake up Laura as she requested.  I did get a very sleepy kiss and "Have a nice day" out of her though : )

I get upstairs, get ready and await my ride.  At about 5:15 I start to wonder if I need to call my ride.  It was then that I remembered that he's on vacation and I need to drive myself.

I drive to work at a higher rate of speed than usual, and get there three minutes before work starts. 

I do my early stuff before settling down to make breakfast.  I'm running out of food, so I grabbed whatever was in the cabinets.  For breakfast, that consisted of instant oatmeal.  It said "Original" on the package, but I think it should have said "Flavorless." 

It was as I ate the tasteless oatmeal that I realized I'm really happy.  Even though not everything is necessarily going exactly as planned, I have no reason to complain, and I don't really want to either.  I have a family that I love with all my heart.  I have a wonderful job filled with wonderful people and interesting tasks.  I get to taste amazing food every day.  I think that I have more than any king ever did. Life is good.

So, with all that in mind, I hope you have a Christmas that is as amazing as mine, but I don't know how possible that is.  After all, my Christmas is out of this world!

No comments:

Post a Comment